Duxbury Braille Translator for WIN
$2695.00 for a 5 seat Organizational License
$5195.00 for a 10 seat Organizational License
Since 1975, Duxbury Systems has produced the world’s leading software for producing braille, the Duxbury Braille Translator. From one language to seven to over 170 different languages, DBT has grown to meet the world’s need for braille.
The software is designed for two types of users–those who don’t know braille and those who do. A “translated line” showing the “other” form in either print or braille files will show. The Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) allows you to create highly accurate braille for school books, teaching materials, office memos, bus schedules, personal letters, signs and more.
Duxbury DBT imports many document formats including Open Office files, Microsoft Word, Excel, HTML, mathematic files, TactileView graphics, and translates into braille, and sends the braille to your braille embosser or braille device. Duxbury DBT supports all commercial embossers, from very old models to quite recent ones. No other braille translator covers this range of braille embossers.
You’ll get accurate presentation of both print and braille in either WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) or coded (how-you-get-what-you-want) views in the word-processing screen, with easy switching between views.
Six-key chording software for braille and print entry, compatible with many keyboards. Help screens throughout the program whenever you press the F1 key. Over 100 formatting & translation codes for a high level of flexibility. A library of user-configurable styles
DBT Braille Capabilities:
Math and technical translation for UEB, Nemeth in UEB, Nemeth, French Braille, and several other languages.
- Intermediate contraction levels (between grade 1 and 2) for English UEB
- Duxbury DBT can include tactile graphics files to produce mixed text-and-graphics documents.
- Duxbury DBT can be used to prepare textbooks to teach foreign languages.
- DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated appropriately for the context. Now braille for foreign-language texts and language teaching texts is a snap.
- Bidirectional (print-to-braille and braille-to-print) translation for most languages.
- Advanced language students use specialized features of DBT, such as support for IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) notation, and support for ancient languages to enhance their language studies.
DBT Output Options:
- Create braille with all commercially available braille embossers.
- Handles all common braille paper sizes.
- Choose from a variety of embossing options (depending on the model of your embosser).
- Output of your selected page ranges.
- Built-in interline printing to have ink-braille and print together. This makes an easy proofing and teaching tool.
- Optional “banner” page for job identification by those who don’t read braille.
Systems Requirements for DBT for Windows
DBT Win 12.5 SR2 requires Microsoft Windows version Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.
Systems Requirements for DBT for the Macintosh
To use DBT for Mac, we recommend running Mac OSX El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), or higher.
C TECH provides fast, local support & training. Our friendly staff is always happy to hear from you if you have any questions or need assistance with setup, installation, and operation. Please give us a call at (845) 735-7907.