Kurzweil 1000 Scanning Software
Kurzweil 1000 combines traditional reading machine technologies such as scanning, image processing, and text-to-speech with communication and productivity tools. Kurzweil 1000 is easy for beginners, yet powerful and flexible for advanced users.
1. Add bookmarks, text and voice notes; skim, summarize, and create outlines. Have your documents open to the last position read and use the new proofreading shortcut. Plus, you’ll have access to eighteen bilingual dictionaries.
2. The ABBYY FineReader Version 11 OCR engine provides the most accurate OCR available. For the best possible scanning results, Kurzweil 1000 corrects many errors. A noise filter option lets users ignore regions near the page edge that were incorrectly identified as text.
3. Clear, natural-sounding VoiceTextTM voices from Neo Speech and ETI-EloquenceTM voices from Nuance deliver the highest quality text-to-speech (TTS) sound. Microsoft Speech Platform delivers access to over a dozen additional voices in a variety of languages.
4. Keep track of your schedule with the easy-to-use calendar application. Add, edit, and delete calendar entries simply from the desktop taskbar, and set audible reminders that will play any sound file on your computer you choose.
5. Enjoy quick access to a variety of sources, including e-books, magazines, and encyclopedias. Kurzweil 1000 will search select Internet repositories such as Bookshare.org, NLS Web Braille, AccessWorld, Talking Newspaper Association of the UK, NFB Publications, and Wikipedia (in multiple languages), and present download choices.
6. Take reading anywhere by sending files to Braille note takers, embossers and portable devices such as DAISY and MP3 audio players. You can also create CDs of your files within Kurzweil 1000 if you have a CD burner.
7. Kurzweil 1000 can print any file type that you can print through an application installed on your computer — including PDF, ePub, and PNG files-which greatly expands your reading choices.
- 1 GHz or faster.
- Minimum Memory
- 2 GB.
- Hard Disk Space
- At least 4 GB of available hard disk space.
- Sound Card
- Sound Blaster®-compatible sound card with speakers.
- CD-ROM drive, full-size keyboard and/or 17-button keypad.
- Kurzweil 1000 works with scanners that meet the TWAIN standard for image capture devices.
Additionally, Kurzweil 1000 will support image acquisition from the following cameras HoverCam® Version 5 and Kodak Sceye®. To learn more about these devices, please contact the manufacturer or a Kurzweil 1000 Reseller.
- MP3 File Playback on Other Devices
- MP3 player capable of playing multiple sampling rates.
- Operating System
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP®, and Vista®.
C TECH provides fast, local support & training. Our friendly staff is always happy to hear from you if you have any questions or need assistance with setup, installation, and operation. Please give us a call at (845) 735-7907.